If you had a chance to ask the future governor of Florida any question about education, what would it be? Well – here’s your chance to ask!
Here’s how it works:
- Take a few minutes to jot down an introduction. Tell the candidates who you are and what you do – first names only as this will be publicly viewable!
- Write down your question – and take a few moments to practice your ‘script’ – keep it short. About 30 seconds is best.
- Hold your phone sideways and start recording.
- If you mess up – just do it again until you are satisfied.
- Upload your video by clicking on the link below.
It’s that easy!
FEA will be sending your questions and videos to the candidates – and asking them to respond.
If you don’t want to make a video you can email your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to tune in and watch the candidates debate to see if your question comes up!
Mark your calendar for the candidate debates: June 9, June 11, June 28, July 18, August 1, August 2
We have a tremendous opportunity to find out which candidates support public education – and which just say they do. You can help by being part of the conversation. Remember: Whether you are in pre-K, elementary, high school or higher education, a teacher, an education staff professional, a professor or a student – you are the public education experts. Candidates for state office need to hear from you!
So put on your stage makeup, check the lighting and your script and let your video go viral!